Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This has been a favorite of my family for about 13 years now, quick and easy, low calorie, high fibre.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed- about 2 whole breasts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- sour cream, and (optional)
- grated cheddar cheese (to garnish) (optional)
- - cut up chicken into cubes, and pepper into strips.
- - Preheat electric skillet to 350 degrees.
- - Add oil, then chicken saute until lightly browned.
- - Add broth, salsa, rice, bring to a boil.
- - Cover let simmer 20 minutes.
- - In the last 5 minutes add the corn and pepper.
- - When all the liquid is absorbed it is ready.
- - Serve with a tbsp of sour cream and grated cheese if desired.
I doubted I would like this rice as I made it. To my surprise it was delicious. I had to use about 1/2 cup extra stock in the rice. I also mixed the sour cream & cheese into the rice once it was done cooking. Thanks for posting this easy, spicy rice. Made for my PAC orphan Spring 2008
This was very good, easy and fast. I used my homemade salsa and had to cook just a little longer to get the rice as tender as we like. Thanks for sharing Tanya! I'll be making this again.