Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Wonderful quick meal. Originally found on the back of a Minute-Rice box. Can e served with warm tortillas, chips, salsa, chile con queso or sour cream.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (13 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Satue chicken in oil in a dutch oven or other large pot until lightly browned.
- Add chicken broth, tomato sauce and Taco seasoning mix to pot, stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add corn and pepper, increase heat and return to a boil.
- Add uncooked rice and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer approximately 10 minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency.
I only had regular rice so I let it simmer at a low boil for 17minutes to cook the rice. My husband absolutely LOVED this dish! He has been asking for it ever since. I thought the chicken could use a little seasoning on it's own. Maybe salt, pepper, garlic on the skin. But overall it was a great recipe and a definite keeper!!!
Made for Spring PAC 2008. Made this for lunch for my boys the other day and they really enjoyed it. It was an easy recipe to make with ingredients I had on hand. I did use canned corn instead of frozen as we aren't big fans of frozen corn. Very good.
man, was this easy and good! i used a can of diced tomatoes w/ jalapeÃ±os instead of tomato sauce and threw in a can of black beans. DELICIOUS!