Recipe by Kit_Kat
Wonderful quick meal. Originally found on the back of a Minute-Rice box. Can e served with warm tortillas, chips, salsa, chile con queso or sour cream.
Top Review by Sarah C.
I only had regular rice so I let it simmer at a low boil for 17minutes to cook the rice. My husband absolutely LOVED this dish! He has been asking for it ever since. I thought the chicken could use a little seasoning on it's own. Maybe salt, pepper, garlic on the skin. But overall it was a great recipe and a definite keeper!!!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (13 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Satue chicken in oil in a dutch oven or other large pot until lightly browned.
- Add chicken broth, tomato sauce and Taco seasoning mix to pot, stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add corn and pepper, increase heat and return to a boil.
- Add uncooked rice and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer approximately 10 minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency.