Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion, plus more
- onion, for serving
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno chiles, finely chopped canned
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts, shredded
- 1 cup taco sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, 1 cup onion, jalapeños, chili powder, grill seasoning and garlic. Form four patties.
- Heat the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the patties and cook for 4 minutes on each side. When they're almost done, top each patty with a mound of cheese and cook until melted.
- Layer the bun bottoms with the lettuce, a chicken patty, taco sauce, extra onion and a bun top.