Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted in response to a request. Prep/cook time does not include chilling.
Make and share this Chicken Taco Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces pasta, uncooked (bowtie or spiral)
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup medium chunky salsa
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced pitted black olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked, cut into strips
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Mix dressing, seasoning and salsa in large bowl. Add drained pasta and all remaining ingredients; mix lightly.
- Serve immediately. Or, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or until chilled.
I substituted grilled chicken as I needed to use up the leftovers and added even more cheese as a garnish (we like our cheese, LOL). We thought the taco seasoning was too strong, so I did add more salsa. I'll be making this again, but for our personal preference I'll use less of the taco seasoning.
It would be unfair of me to rate this, even though we liked it very much. I took such liberties with the ingredients that I will rate it next time when I will give the recipe a fighting chance to receive the five stars I suspect it deserves. I didn't have Miracle Whip, and was almost out of regular mayo, so I topped what I had up with yogurt, either my taco seasoning (recipe from Zaar)or my salsa (new brand for us) was way too spicy for our tastes, and the chicken was some I had grilled a month ago, and had stored in the freezer. So, you see, with all these things going against it, I still think this recipe was quick and very good, definitely worthy of another go with the proper ingredients, at which time I am confident I will rate it highly.