Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is easy to freeze in individual portions for a take to work lunch.
- 6 chipotle pepper tortillas, cut in strips
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 2 (15 ounce) cans low-fat refried black beans (with jalapenos)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 jalapenos, minced
- Mix taco seasoning and jalapenos into tomato sauce and stir chicken in to coat.
- Line (1) 9x13 and (1) 8x8 pan with tortilla strips.
- Spread rice evenly on tortillas.
- Spread chicken mixture evenly over rice.
- Combine black beans, corn, and diced tomatoes. Spread evenly over chicken.
- Spread refried beans over corn mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and slightly press into refried beans.
- Place pans in freezer for approx 45 minutes. Remove from freezer; cut into individual size servings. Place servings in sandwich zipper top bags and return to freezer.
- To reheat: Remove from bag, place on microwave safe bowl or plate, cover loosely. Heat on high until heated through (approx. 4-6 minutes). Let sit 1 minute.