Becky in Wisconsin's Note:
This recipe is from a Taste of Home magazine, with a few changes made by me. I make these for get togethers and they are requested often and usually disappear fast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (your favorite)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, divided
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 36 wonton wrappers
- sour cream
- chopped green onion
- chopped ripe olives
- chopped green olives
- salsa (to garnish)
- 1Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the chicken over medium heat for 5 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 2Transfer chicken to a food processor; cover and process until chopped.
- 3In a bowl, combine the chicken, onion, half the salsa, and 1°C cheese.
- 4Prepare a mini muffin pan by spraying cups with cooking spray. Press wonton wrapper into each cup. Bake at 375 for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 5Fill cups with the chicken mixture. top with remaining salsa and cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 6Serve warm. Put out the garnishes around the tray and let guests top as they desire.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Taco Cups
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.0
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.6 mg
- Sodium 175.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 5.4 g