Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I found this on Obesity Help. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 15 ounces black beans
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 ounce taco seasoning (1 pkg)
- 1 cup salsa or 10 ounces mild Rotel Tomatoes
- Throw it all in a crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Serve straight out the pot, with tortillas, taco shells, on a bed of lettuce, over rice, or on a potato! The options are endless!
I make this all the time! Never had a problem using frozen ingredients (frozen chicken breast, frozen corn/mixed veggies) and just tossing everything in the crockpot for 8 hours. Use mild Rotel and mild taco seasoning for when the kids are over, and when it's just myself and my husband we prefer hot Rotel and spicy taco seasoning! Served over instant rice with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream if you need to tone-down the heat.
Kinda juicy, but really good! Others are right - this is a very flexible recipe. I have made it with boneless, skinless thighs. Really good with just a salad on the side. Thanks for the great ideas.
This is soooo good. My husband and I can't get enough of it. It's actually in the crockpot right now! I love this on soft tortillas or over a baked potato. No mushrooms or beans for us (I don't like them) but followed everything else using a whole medium onion and half a bag of corn. Thank you for sharing this!