Recipe by Lynda Black
Found this several years ago I believe in Southern Living Cookbook. Made it last year for a cook off at my work and won 1st place. The presentation is impressive when you place the toppings in a circle around the cheesecake. I usually start with a center mound of picante and add other toppings around this. Not as hard as it sounds.
- 1 2⁄3 cups finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups drained and finely chopped canned premium white chicken meat
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese (6 oz)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- sliced ripe olives
- cooked whole kernel corn
- chopped green onion
- chopped fresh tomato
- picante sauce or salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tortilla chips and butter; stir well.
- Firmly press into bottom of 10” spring form pan; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until creamy; add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add mayonnaise, taco seasoning and flour; beat at low speed until smooth.
- Stir in chicken and cheese.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 for 55 minutes.
- Spread sour cream on top of cheesecake and bake 10 additional minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature in pan on wire rack.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- To serve carefully remove sides of pan.
- Arrange toppings on cheesecake.
- Serve with picante sauce.