1 hr 15 mins
Natalia 3's Note:
You will love this! It's the perfect recipe for a luncheon. Also a good make-ahead recipe for the week. Since I like keeping the seeds in the tomatoes and cukes, I just make the salad without them, then dice them fresh and mix them in each time I serve it. You may want to seed them if you throw it all together at once. I got this from a friend, but I think it came from cooking light or southern living. Serve with bread/butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat (or cracked wheat)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus
- olive oil, for cooking chicken
- 1 whole chicken breast (or 2 split)
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 cup minced scallion (1 bunch)
- 1/2 cup chopped mint leaf (1 bunch)
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley (1 bunch)
- 1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, halved lengthwise and medium diced
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes or 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In heat-proof bowl, pour the boiling water over the bulgur wheat. Add the lemon juice, 1/4 c olive oil, and 1 1/2 tsp salt. Stir, cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow bulgur to stand at room temp for an hour.
- 3Place chicken on a baking sheet and rub it with olive oil. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Roast for about 35-40 minutes, until just cooked. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- 4Remove chicken meat and medium dice. Add to the tabbouleh. Add scallions, mint, parsley, cucumber, tomatoes, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper. Serve immediately or cover to refrigerate.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tabouli (Tabbouleh)
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.0
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 46.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 12.4 g