Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a hearty, cold day soup. Have it for lunch or dinner. I love the addition of dried cranberries - it's like christmas dinner in a bowl (well not quite). You may use canned sweet potatoes, place them in the veggie broth bring to a boil and immediately add remaining ingredients-Quick & Easy soup to make This recipe was originally in our local TV Guide in the Chopping Block column It is also very versatile I have just made it using Veggie broth & Beef broth (yes with the chicken) added 1 tsp of Chili flakes and 1/2 tsp ginger powder - very nice flavor
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 4 cups chicken broth (canned or your own)
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 3⁄4 lb chicken meat, cooked, diced 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Cook the sweet potatoes in the vegetable broth until tender Apprx 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients bring to a boil and serve.