1/3 Photos of Chicken & Sweet Potato Pie
This pie is really yummy, I usually make it in pastry so that it can be frozen but original recipe is with potato topping so that's what I'm posting. From a Family Circle Mince Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 750 g ground chicken
- 750 g sweet potatoes, chopped
- 250 g button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 440 g chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato puree or 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Heat oil in a pan, add onion and sauté for approx 2 minutes until lightly browned, add mince and cook for about 4 minutes or until well browned breaking up any lumps.
- 3Add remaining filling ingredients and bring to the boil, reduce heat & simmer for approx 15 minutes until mixture has thickened and sweet potato is tender.
- 4Spoon mixture into a 24cm pie plate.
- 5To Make topping: Cook potatoes in rapidly boiling water until tender, approx 10 minutes and then drain.
- 6Mash potatoes with butter & sour cream until smooth & fluffy.
- 7Spread topping over chicken filling evenly.
- 8Bake for approx 20 minutes until heated through & lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Sweet Potato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (738 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 640.3
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 119.1 mg
- Sodium 372.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 38.0 g