Recipe by Tisme
This is wonderful, delicious and warming for a cold winter's night and the best is .....it's so quick and easy. I use reduced salt chicken stock and season myself if needed, but have posted recipe as written. I have also made this recipe using the microwave using pre cooked chicken adding the chicken with step 2.
Top Review by loof
Boy this is a GREAT soup! So simple to make, quick to the table, and just delicious! Made just as directed and wouldn't change a thing. Loved the flavor from the ginger, great with the salty soy and sweet corn. Filling, healthy, tasty - this is a keeper - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 410 g creamed corn
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 egg whites, lightly whisked with a fork
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken stock and ginger in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Add chicken breasts to saucepan and cook for 6 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove chicken and allow to cool slightly before shredding.
- Add creamed corn and soy sauce to chicken stock. Heat through and stir in shredded chicken, eggwhites and spring onions. Cook a further minute and serve immediately.