1/1 Photo of Chicken & Sweet Corn Soup
I love soup - and I came across this recipe on the ninemsn website when exploring recipes under the food section. I am particularly fond of Chicken & Sweet Corn Soup but have never found a recipe that I could say - yes...more please!! This one did it for me! This recipe makes for 4 small servings - but I always tend to add more stock and water etc to make it up to 6 small servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Chinese wine or 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons salt reduced soy sauce
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets (400grms)
- 1 egg
- 420 g creamed corn
- 310 g corn kernels (drained & rinsed)
- 3 spring onions (sliced thinly)
- 1Bring stock, water, wine, ginger, garlic, spring onion, soy sauce, and chicken to the boil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer for about 7 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through.
- 3Remove chicken from stock and when cool enough to handle, shred coarsely.
- 4Return stock to boil.
- 5Break egg into small bowl and whisk lightly.
- 6Slowly pour egg into stock, whisking constantly so it forms small threads.
- 7Add creamed corn, kernels and chicken to stock and return to the boil.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Sweet Corn Soup
Serving Size: 1 (527 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.0
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 547.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets