Recipe by mariposa13
Submitted by Treva from kitchencraftsnmore newsletter. It should surprise no one that this chicken and rice casserole with tomatoes and mushrooms tastes great!
Top Review by Derf
Sorry for the 3*, but the instructions on this recipe are very poor. I presume the rice was supposed to be instant and was to have the mushrooms and tomatoes added after the rice was done. In any case I had no instant so I cooked this kind of like a pilaf. I made 2 cups of chicken broth added the stewed tomatoes, mushrooms, and a cup of uncooked long grain rice and the poultry seasoning, let it simmer for about an hour; it turned out quite good, Sorry !!Your instructions need to be fixed, I did try to contact you, especially as this was one of my choices for Pick a chef.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chicken in a large skillet over medium high heat until it is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, bring water and bouillon to a boil in a large pot; when boiling, add rice, stir, cover pot and remove from heat.
- Let sit 5 minutes or until To rice add cooked chicken, tomatoes and mushrooms and stir together over medium low heat to heat through.
- Serve hot.