Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe comes from a community cookbook from Lanark County that my friend Sandra gave me....This dish was submitted by Mrs. Chris Drew...and boy is it good...Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
- Marinate chicken overnight in salad dressing. (do not discard dressing).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay marinated chicken in baking dish and pour dressing over top.
- Smear chicken with jam and sprinkle the mushrooms and onion soup mix over the chicken.
- Season with pepper and drizzle sherry overtop of everything.
- Cook in a 350 degree oven covered for 55 minutes, then remove cover and cook for 20 minutes longer.
This was a nice and simple dish to prepare. I cut back the cooking time and still found it a little dry. However, the flavor is yummy and a nice chicken dish.
This was quite good! The dry onion soup was a little dry and a little strong so I would cut that back next time. I would also decrease the cooking time because it was a tad dry. The combination of flavours are really nice and I would try that again for sure. Made for Newest Zaar Tag. Thanks Baby Kato! :)
LOvely zesty dish with great flavour & simple to do too, both DH & I enjoyed this, would have liked the sauce a little thicker but great dish all the same.