Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
It's amazing to me that something so simple to put together can taste so delicious.
Make and share this Chicken Surprise recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breast halves, thin (slice down if thick, I use boneless and skinless)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 8 slices baby swiss cheese (can use more if you like lots of cheese)
- 6 ounces chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Place chicken in bottom of shallow oven pan.
- Combine cream of chicken soup, milk and half and half.
- Spread soup mixture over top of chicken breasts evenly.
- Sprinkle with pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley flakes and Italian seasoning.
- Place Swiss cheese slices over soup.
- In saucepan, mix melted butter and 1 box of the stuffing (bread and all).
- Spoon stuffing mixture over cheese slices evenly.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 45 minutes or until chicken is done.
I made this just as directed, and it fit the bill perfectly! I was short on time and needed something quick and tasty! Nice, easy and filling dish. Thank you for sharing, Lainey!! **Made for Beverage Tag 2008**
You're right Lainey, this was delicious. I didn't use a condensed soup so didn't need the milk but made just as directed otherwise, simple & tasty, even my 20 mth old DD enjoyed this. Thanks!
Simple AND delicious. It doesn't get any better than that!