Prep 50 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here is one for the freezer.
- 65 g butter
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 125 g mushrooms, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- Melt 15g of the butter in a pan.
- Add the onions and saute until soft. Add the mushrooms and salt and pepper to taste and cook until soft. Add the wine, tomato puree and stock and continue cooking, stirring, until the liquid is well concentrated; chill.
- Beat out the chicken breasts to an even thickness and place each one on a sheet of foil.
- Divide the mushrooms mixture between them and dot with the remaining butter.
- Fold the foil over the top and seal the edges.
- TO FREEZE Place parcels on a baking sheet and freeze, then pack in a plastic bag.
- Seal, label and return to the freezer.
- TO SERVE Place the foil parcels on a baking sheet. Cook from frozen in a preheated hot oven, 220 C , for about 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle with parsley.
excellent recipe!!! It was suggested in the Aussie forum when I was looking for OAMC recipes for my daughter, with 3 kids under 3 :) She is a gardener, not a cook :) I did these up for her, and wrapped in alfoil and froze them. She defrosted the packets for a day in the fridge, and baked for 30 mins. She said they didnt look great, but they tasted wonderfull! thanks Doreen, you should check out the Aussie forum, we have good swaps etc there!