Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Looks good! Anything containing vermouth, chicken breasts and sour cream, can't be all bad.
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 8 oz each)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (6 ounce) packet Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup vermouth, dry
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (any variety)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons vermouth
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a 9X13 baking pan.
- Cut each breast in half through the thickness(should look like a cutlet) and dip in sour cream.
- Cover with bread crumbs, roll up and place in greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle with sliced mushrooms. (SEE NOTE!).
- Drizzle with melted butter and vermouth.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve with a sauce made of Cream of Mushroom (or cream of chicken or both)soup diluted with light cream and vermouth. Heated to bubbling.
- You could saute the mushroom slices in butter and add to the sauce instead of the chicekn.