Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
We love this casserole. It's so simple and easy to make. It's always the first to go at family dinners. Letting it set over night really makes the differnce. You can also freeze uncooked just make sure to defrost well before baking.
- 6 lbs chicken (or 12 half boneless breasts)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (7 ounce) packagepepperidge farm seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- salt and pepper
- Stew chicken and remove skin and bones.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and put into a 9 x13 pan.
- Combine soup, milk and sour cream.
- Pour over chicken.
- Mix stuffing mix with onion, celery and butter.
- season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put suffing mixture over chicken.
- Let set over night.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350.
- Bake covered in foil for 45 min.uncover for last 15 minute for browning.