Recipe by MizzNezz
I found a wonderful cookbook at a garage sale last summer. It's 566 pages of recipes from the employees of Dayton's,Hudson's, and Marshall Fields. We tried this one and really loved it! It was submitted by Geri Phillips of Marshall Fields.
Top Review by Bill#2395
Very good blend of flavors. My wife dosen't like Swiss cheese so I didn't use it, next time I will on mine, I think it will add a nice touch of flavor. It is very easy and fast to make so it is good for a quick dinner. Use the extra sauce over rice or noodles, I used rice this time. This is a Keeper!!! 2 Thumbs up and five stars!!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Saute chicken in butter until lightly browned.
- Place chicken in greased 8x8 baking dish.
- In skillet, saute mushrooms until lightly browned; add sour cream and soup.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute, scraping bits from bottom of pan.
- Add garlic salt and paprika.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until juices run clear.
- Sprinkle cheese over chicken; bake another 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.