Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found a wonderful cookbook at a garage sale last summer. It's 566 pages of recipes from the employees of Dayton's,Hudson's, and Marshall Fields. We tried this one and really loved it! It was submitted by Geri Phillips of Marshall Fields.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Saute chicken in butter until lightly browned.
- Place chicken in greased 8x8 baking dish.
- In skillet, saute mushrooms until lightly browned; add sour cream and soup.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute, scraping bits from bottom of pan.
- Add garlic salt and paprika.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until juices run clear.
- Sprinkle cheese over chicken; bake another 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Very good blend of flavors. My wife dosen't like Swiss cheese so I didn't use it, next time I will on mine, I think it will add a nice touch of flavor. It is very easy and fast to make so it is good for a quick dinner. Use the extra sauce over rice or noodles, I used rice this time. This is a Keeper!!! 2 Thumbs up and five stars!!!
This recipe was made on 9/23/12 for mine & my SO's dinner, and most importantly MizzNezz's Cook-A-Thon. :) I did make a few changes to the recipe, before lightly browning the chicken both sides were sprinkled with a bit of Hungarian Smoked Paprika and Garlic Powder. Since I don't care for mushrooms, they were omitted. But to get a bit of the mushroom flavor, I used a Cream of Chicken & Mushroom soup. And my SO isn't that fond of sour cream, it was reduced to 1/2 cup. And instead of using garlic salt in the soup mixture,the same amount of garlic powder was used.The creaminess of the Swiss Cheese was excellent with this dish. For a pop of color, chopped green onion was used for a garnish.Thanks for a recipe that will grace our table many more times. " Keep Smiling :) "
Really, really good. The sauce is excellent and the kids even loved it!