Prep 25 mins
Cook 34 mins
Recipe courtesy of the Follansbee Inn.
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 32 ounces boneless chicken breasts
- garlic powder
- 1 sprig fresh oregano
- 12 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese (cut into 8 thick slices)
- 1 orange, seedless, cut into twists
- Mix the honey and sherry until well blended,
- add walnuts; set aside.
- Spread out the breasts and sprinkle with the garlic powder and oregano.
- Wrap each breast around 1 1/2 ounces of thickly sliced cheddar and place each in a casserole dish unseasoned side up.
- Sprinkle again with garlic and oregano.
- top with 1 1/2 ounces of cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes until the breasts are cooked thoroughly.
- Remove from the oven and top each dish with 3 ounces of the honey mixture.
- Return to the oven and heat for another 2 to 4 minutes.
- Top each with an orange twist.
I'm always after more easy-to-make checken breast recipes, & this one fit right in! I used 6 large chicken breasts & adjusted the recipe accordingly. Then I took a little more time & flattened the chicken breasts [to about 1/4"] before seasoning them & rolling them up around a slice of cheese. I also substituted sliced almonds for the walnuts. The final result was OUTSTANDING & well received! Thanks for sharing!