Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is elegant, delicious and not difficult at all to make.
- 8 (3 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinned
- 8 slices prosciutto (very thin slices)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 slices
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Pound chicken between plastic wrap to thin (about 1/8 inch thick).
- Top each piece of chicken with a slice of prosciutto and a piece of cheese.
- Fold the chicken over to completely enclose the prosciutto and cheese and secure with toothpicks.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken packages in flour.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet and brown chicken packages on both sides until golden.
- Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add the Marsala or broth to the skillet and stir to release the browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add lemon juice and parsley.
- Increase heat and cook sauce for 1 minute until slightly thickened.
- Remove toothpicks from chicken and return to skillet and heat through.
delish! thankyou for another keeper