Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a real "cut corners" recipe that will be loved by your family and friends. It is great for dinner or as a pot luck. We loved it. It is from the Campbell Soup Collection of recipes and is by Krista Phizacklea
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter (margarine)
- 2 (120 g) boxes seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) cancondensed condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup (condensed)
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream or 2⁄3 cup whipped 2% fat cottage cheese
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped or 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- Brown the chicken in the tbsp butter (margarine).
- Mix stuffing according to instructions, use 1/4 cup butter or margarine.
- Spread half the stuffing in a lightly greased 2 qt shallow baking dish and place the chicken on he stuffing.
- Combine the soup, sour cream (cottage cheese) and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- Mix remaining stuffing with pecans and cover the chicken return to oven for and bake for a further 15 minutes.