Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
My husband raves about this dish, one of his favorites.
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (6 ounce) box seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 small vidalia onion, sliced into thin rings (optional)
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Par boil chicken breasts for about 20-30 minutes in water or chicken stock in large pot.
- Cool& slice chicken into cubes.
- Place into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Place slices of onion (optional) and cheese over entire pan of chicken.
- Mix soup, milk, wine,& garlic powder and pour over chicken.
- Top with stuffing.
- Pour melted butter over stuffing and bake for 30-40 minutes.
I made this casserole using the meat of a rotisserie chicken. It was so easy to make and was really tasty. Will make it the same way again!
I used spam instead of chicken, no wine just grated cheddar cheese. Came out pretty good. Ate it for breakfast. It was too filling!
My family really loved this. It was a simple dinner with a great home cookin' smell and taste. I don't think the chicken needs the additional salt, due to the salt in the soup, etc... I used provolone cheese instead of swiss (personal preference) and it was great! Thanks for the wonderful recipe. :-)