Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
A wonderful mix of stuffing and chicken with a host of yummy ingredients. I got this recipe from one of my best friend's Jen. I loved it the first time I had it and just had to have the recipe! Thankfully for all of us, she indulged!
- 4 -6 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups prepared stuffing (any kind) or 2 cups seasoned croutons (any kind)
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (or small can of french fried onions)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat olive oil in skillet, on medium heat.
- Rub uncooked chicken with spices that you enjoy (I usually use a poultry seasoning which has: thyme, oregano, salt, black pepper, mustard powder and sage).
- Cook in skillet with olive oil on medium heat until juices of chicken run clear.
- When fully cooked, dice chicken.
- Dice celery and onion.
- Mix mayonnaise and milk together.
- Mix cooked chicken, stuffing mix, diced vegetables, milk/mayonnaise mixture and 3/4 package of swiss cheese in greased 13x9 baking dish.
- If using almonds, sprinkle on top of casserole.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 30-35 minutes.
- In the last 5 minutes of baking, sprinkle rest of swiss cheese over casserole.
- If using french fried onions, sprinkle on casserole (along with the rest of the swiss cheese) during last five minutes of baking.
Wonderful. Was really leary about making this for DH. He hates swiss cheese and is not fond of stuffing. He said I could make it anytime. This was sooooo good. I used Stovetop Cornbread stuffing, and also grated a piece of bulk swiss. The celery added a nice crunch. The batch was huge though. I froze half in an 8 x 8 before baking. French fried onions on the top really made the casserole. People with small children, may want to saute the other onions a bit, before adding to the recipe.