Recipe by Terri F.
This takes a while to prepare, and not a pretty presentation, but everytime I serve this it disappears and I am always asked for the recipe. I am not allowed to come to a pot luck dinner without it.
Top Review by Bev
Terri, this is wonderful! I subsituted left-over chicken I had baked the night before and cut it into bite-sized pieces and very thin. I sprinkled it with some of the poultry seasoning and used canned chicken broth. The rest of the recipe I made the way the recipe called for. It is so good! If I served it with cranberry sauce I would feel like we are celebrating Thanksgiving all over again! This one is going into my permanent recipe collection! Thanks for sharing!
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 3 (6 ounce) packages Kellogg's croutettes (or any cubed and seasoned bread stuffing you prefer)
- 1 package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cans cream of celery soup (use a good brand)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken breasts in enough water to cover plus poultry seasoning until chicken is very tender and comes away from bones (about 1 and 1/2 hours).
- When done,take chicken off bones, discard bones and skin.
- Save the broth.
- Mix together cooked chicken, broccoli, croutettes, and cream of celery soup.
- (Chicken will shred) Add chicken broth to mixture until well moistened (About 2 cups).
- Mix in cheddar cheese.
- Bake in 350* oven for 45 minutes until very hot.