When I want a simple-to-do weeknight dinner, I often turn to chicken. In this recipe, the stuffing combines sweet and savory flavors, and the sauce makes the dish memorable.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled apple
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 ounces brie cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1In a large skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter for 1 minute. Add apple; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until apple is golden brown. Remove from the heat; add walnuts, rosemary, and a 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- 2Flatten chicken to 1/4 inch thickness; sprinkle with garlic powder and remaining salt and pepper. Place apple mixture and Brie on half of each chicken breast; fold chicken over. Secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- 3In the same skillet, brown chicken in remaining butter. Stir in vinegar and 1/4 cup apple juice. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°F.
- 4Remove chicken to a serving platter; discard toothpicks. Combine cornstarch and remaining apple juice; add to the pan. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stuffed With Walnuts, Apples & Brie
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.4
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 149.7 mg
- Sodium 1055.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 32.7 g