Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A simple delicious chicken recipe of Italian origin/from Frugal Gourmet, Jeff Smith.
- 3 -4 medium red potatoes, unpeeled cooked and cubed
- 10 stuffed green olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (3 lb) chicken
- In a large bowl, place potatoes, olives, parsley, garlic, capers and olive oil.
- Salt and pepper the chicken inside and out.
- Toss the ingredients in the bowl gently and use to stuff the chicken. Don't stuff too tightly.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 75 minutes.
- Quarter and serve the bird.
My friend recommended this to me (she has the Frugal Gourmet book.) This was delicious! Good presentation and easy to make.