Recipe by LMillerRN
Very easy to make using bottled pasta sauce. From Cooking Light.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
This was a great weeknight meal as it came together quickly and was not difficult to prepare. Our version was not as light as what was posted as I just used the jarred pasta sauce I had on hand, which was cognac sauce from Andiamo's. We enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (25 1/2 ounce) jaritalian herb fat free pasta sauce
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 3 cups hot cooked fettuccine (about 6 ounces uncooked pasta)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine goat cheese, 2 T basil, and minced garlic, set aside.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap, and pound each half to a 1/4 inch thickness using a mallet or a rolling pin. Divide the cheese mixture evenly among breast halves. Roll up jelly roll fashion. Tuck in sides; secure each roll with wooden toothpicks.
- Heat the pasta sauce and whole garlic cloves in a large skillet over medium heat, add chicken. Cover and cook for 25 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve over pasta. Garnish with 1 T basil.