Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 29 mins
Chicken breasts stuffed with herbed goat cheese and served over a bed of greens with a tangy vinaigrette dressing
- 2 chicken breasts, with skins
- 4 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- 10 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 10 sprigs fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cooked and diced
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, peeled seeded, chopped
- 4 cups salad greens
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned (optional)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Blend goat cheese, butter, thyme, salt, pepper, basil, coriander and chives.
- Stuff the herbed cheese mixture between the skin and meat of the breast with as small an opening as possible.
- Sauté the chicken breasts, skin-side down, in oil and butter, turning once, until well-browned, 6 - 8 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to baking pan and roast in over for 8 minutes.
- Combine shallot, garlic, pepper, vinegar, 1/2 t salt, 1/2 t pepper, oil.
- Add tomatoes.
- Arrange greens.
- Salad can be served warm or at room temperature.