Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is originally from www.TheSimpleSkillet.com. They used pine nuts, but we didn't have any - so we used toasted pecans. Wow! I wouldn't try pine nuts - the toasted pecans were a perfect complement. This made 6 servings for us, but I can see it only making 4 if you have children in the house.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Toast pecans and set aside.
- Reserve 2 teaspoons each of cranberries and pecans for the sauce.
- For the stuffing, combine remaining cranberries, pecans and shredded cheese in a small bowl and mix well.
- Carefully make a slit lengthwise down the side of each chicken breast to butterfly, careful not to cup all the way through. Open chicken up and lay fat.
- Divide filling among the chicken breasts and spread over each one, then fold the top of the chicken over the filling and secure with a toothpick.
- Spread flour onto a plate.
- Lightly dredge chicken with flour.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place oil and butter in the skillet and heat over medium to medium high.
- Add chicken breasts to skillet and allow to brown on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet and place in a baking dish. Place baking dish in the oven for approximately 10 minutes until cooked through.
- While chicken is baking, use the same skillet and add remaining cranberries and pine nuts.
- Add broth and bring to a light boil.
- Reduce heat and allow sauce to slightly thicken and cranberries to soften.
- Remove chicken from the oven and slice.
- Serve on a plate with sauce over top.