Paris D's Note:
This is originally from www.TheSimpleSkillet.com. They used pine nuts, but we didn't have any - so we used toasted pecans. Wow! I wouldn't try pine nuts - the toasted pecans were a perfect complement. This made 6 servings for us, but I can see it only making 4 if you have children in the house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Toast pecans and set aside.
- 3Reserve 2 teaspoons each of cranberries and pecans for the sauce.
- 4For the stuffing, combine remaining cranberries, pecans and shredded cheese in a small bowl and mix well.
- 5Carefully make a slit lengthwise down the side of each chicken breast to butterfly, careful not to cup all the way through. Open chicken up and lay fat.
- 6Divide filling among the chicken breasts and spread over each one, then fold the top of the chicken over the filling and secure with a toothpick.
- 7Spread flour onto a plate.
- 8Lightly dredge chicken with flour.
- 9Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- 10Place oil and butter in the skillet and heat over medium to medium high.
- 11Add chicken breasts to skillet and allow to brown on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 12Remove chicken from skillet and place in a baking dish. Place baking dish in the oven for approximately 10 minutes until cooked through.
- 13While chicken is baking, use the same skillet and add remaining cranberries and pine nuts.
- 14Add broth and bring to a light boil.
- 15Reduce heat and allow sauce to slightly thicken and cranberries to soften.
- 16Remove chicken from the oven and slice.
- 17Serve on a plate with sauce over top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stuffed With Cranberries and Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.7
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 75.7 mg
- Sodium 288.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 30.1 g