KK - Chef #426156's Note:
I created this recipe years ago, and during the past year have seen similar ones in newer cookbooks. While the recipe calls for Boursin cheese, I made it recently with the Tipsy Boursin Cheese recipe posted on this site and it is just as good as when made with the real thing. The stuffing also makes wonderful stuffed mushrooms. I prefer to take the breast off the bone so the spinach is lightly cooked, but it can be made with the bone in - just bake it longer. Use the type of spinach you would buy for a salad and serve it with Jasmine or Basmati rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a baking dish that will hold all four breasts, such as a 13 x 9 pan.
- 2Make stuffing: Wash and dry spinach. Roughly chop the spinach and place into a medium size bowl. Using a fork or your hands, mash the spinach and cheese together until the spinach is coated with the cheese and most of the lumps are gone.
- 3Season the chicken lightly with salt and pepper on both sides. Slide your fingers under the chicken skin to loosen it, leaving some of the membrane intact so it will better hold the stuffing.
- 4Lightly drizzle olive oil on the bottom of the pan, and lay the chicken breasts skin-side up on top of the oil.
- 5Dividing the stuffing evenly between them, stuff the breasts. Using the opening you made with your fingers, gently push the spinach/cheese mixture under the skin, working it around so it looks attractive.
- 6Drizzle the skin lightly with olive oil.
- 7Place pan in oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 8If you have extra stuffing, bake it in a small greased dish for about 25 minutes.
- 9Check the chicken after 30 minutes and lay a piece of foil over the pan if it is getting too brown.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stuffed With Boursin Cheese and Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.2
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 147.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 32.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: