Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
If you love chicken and dressing, you will want to try this! It is EXCELLENT! There are only five ingredients in this recipe, yet it makes a huge 9" X 13" pan - great dish for company! ENJOY!
- Cook chicken breasts and cut up into small pieces.
- Cook jumbo shells as instructed on box and set on paper towels to dry.
- Cook stuffing mix as instructed on box (best in microwave).
- Mix stuffing with mayonnaise, add chicken.
- Stuff shells with this mixture.
- Mix cans of soup with 1 1/4 cups of water.
- Pour 1/2 of soup mix into the bottom of a 9" X 13" pan.
- Put shells on top of soup mixture.
- Pour the rest of the soup mixture on top of the shells.
- Bake at 350 degrees (covered) for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
I have made this several times and it is a big hit. One friend called them "little bites of heaven". I have made them ahead of time...just reserve half the sauce and pour on when ready to bake. Also I do add shredded cheese to the chicken mixture.
I have made this numerous times, exactly as written. My husband and I both really like it. I think next time I make it, I'll try other reviewer's suggestion of using chicken gravy instead of mayo. Maybe then my 7 year old will eat it too (he hates mayo).
Very yummy comfort food for a cold day. I added about a cup of shredded cheese to the stuffing mixture. My family thought this was delicoius. I only used one can of cream of chicken for the top, it was plenty of sauce to go around. Leftovers were perfect for lunch the next day.