Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
If you love chicken and dressing, you will want to try this! It is EXCELLENT! There are only five ingredients in this recipe, yet it makes a huge 9" X 13" pan - great dish for company! ENJOY!
- 1 (12 ounce) box jumbo pasta shells
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (6 ounce) box chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- Cook chicken breasts and cut up into small pieces.
- Cook jumbo shells as instructed on box and set on paper towels to dry.
- Cook stuffing mix as instructed on box (best in microwave).
- Mix stuffing with mayonnaise, add chicken.
- Stuff shells with this mixture.
- Mix cans of soup with 1 1/4 cups of water.
- Pour 1/2 of soup mix into the bottom of a 9" X 13" pan.
- Put shells on top of soup mixture.
- Pour the rest of the soup mixture on top of the shells.
- Bake at 350 degrees (covered) for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Not sure where the hour fifty minutes came from! Just the chicken breast prep work takes forever! Know it'll be great as have the other recipes on this site have.
I have made this several times and it is a big hit. One friend called them "little bites of heaven". I have made them ahead of time...just reserve half the sauce and pour on when ready to bake. Also I do add shredded cheese to the chicken mixture.
I have made this numerous times, exactly as written. My husband and I both really like it. I think next time I make it, I'll try other reviewer's suggestion of using chicken gravy instead of mayo. Maybe then my 7 year old will eat it too (he hates mayo).