Another good stuffed pepper recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large poblano peppers
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 a package)
- 1/4 of a small onion, finely chopped or 1/4 use 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1/4 of a medium green pepper, finely chopped
- chili powder
- chopped garlic or garlic powder
- 1/2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1Cut a slit lengthwise down each pepper and carefully scrape out the seeds - keeping the pepper as intact as possible. Some people find that cutting a small slit at the top and bottom will create a flap which makes seeding and stuffing easier. Put oven on broil. Put a layer of aluminum foil on a cookie sheet and spray it lightly with Pam or brush with olive oil to keep peppers from sticking. Roast peppers about 4 minutes on each side until the skin turns black. Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to pick them up.
- 2In a skillet (medium high heat) with a tiny bit of butter or oil, sweat the onions and peppers. Add chicken and half the chili power and garlic powder. Cook chicken well. Dump contents of skillet into a bowl and add cream cheese, rest of chili powder and a dash or two of hot sauce if you want some kick. Mix well.
- 3Pick up each pepper carefully laying it flat in your hand (otherwise they have a tendency to tear) and use a knife in a scraping motion to remove as much skin as possible. Stuff peppers with chicken stuffing. Top peppers with sprinkled cheddar or Monterey Jack and bake about 12 minutes at 400 degrees. Four peppers serves four.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.7
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 60.8 mg
- Sodium 188.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 14.9 g