1/5 Photos of Chicken Stuffed Poblano Chiles
This is an attractive and tasty dish. These are not your ordinary stuffed peppers. Serve on top of saffron rice with a side salad for a spicy meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium poblano chiles
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2-1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes (approximately 1/2 cup)
- cooked saffron rice, 4 servings
- 1While using gloves, wash the poblano chilies and using a sharp paring knife, cut a slit lengthwise from stem to tip of chile leaving stem in tact.
- 2Carefully cut away the seeds and membrane rinse the inside of the chilies and set aside.
- 3In a large skillet over medium high heat, warm 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, add chopped onions and garlic.
- 4Cook until onions begin to turn golden, stirring frequently.
- 5Add the diced chicken, sprinkle with seasoning salt and cook until chicken is almost cooked through; add tomato and mushrooms, continue to cook until chicken is done.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 7With remaining tablespoon olive oil, lightly oil the outside of the chilies and place them cut side up in casserole dish.
- 8Pack the chicken mixture into chilies and push cheese into mixture along the slit.
- 9Cover dish, place in preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes; remove cover the last 5 to 10 minutes of cooking.
- 10Serve on top of a bed of saffron rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stuffed Poblano Chiles
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.8
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 51.1 mg
- Sodium 156.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 18.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: