Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is easy and is delicious!
Make and share this Chicken Stuffed Manicotti or Jumbo Shells With Chive-Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 12 packaged dried manicotti or 12 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (8 ounce) containersoft-style chive & onion cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese or 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 0.5 (7 ounce) jarroasted red sweet peppers, drained and sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook manicotti or shells according to package directions. Drain shells; rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small heavy saucepan melt cream cheese over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Slowly add milk, stirring until smooth. Stir in Romano or Parmesan cheese. Remove from heat.
- For filling, in a medium bowl stir together 3/4 cup of the sauce, chicken, broccoli, roasted red peppers and black pepper. Using a small spoon, carefully fill each shell with about 1/3 cup of the filling.
- Arrange the filled shells in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the shells. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover with foil. Bake in a 350^ oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
I really liked this recipe! Next time I make it, however, I'll double the sauce because I'd like a little more sauce to go w/ the shells. Also I ended up shredding my chicken so it would stuff better into the shells. Since I never had roasted red sweet peppers before I didn't add as much, but I think I'll go for the full amount next time and maybe toss in some garlic!