Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is easy and is delicious!
Make and share this Chicken Stuffed Manicotti or Jumbo Shells With Chive-Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 12 packaged dried manicotti or 12 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (8 ounce) containersoft-style chive & onion cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese or 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 0.5 (7 ounce) jarroasted red sweet peppers, drained and sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook manicotti or shells according to package directions. Drain shells; rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small heavy saucepan melt cream cheese over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Slowly add milk, stirring until smooth. Stir in Romano or Parmesan cheese. Remove from heat.
- For filling, in a medium bowl stir together 3/4 cup of the sauce, chicken, broccoli, roasted red peppers and black pepper. Using a small spoon, carefully fill each shell with about 1/3 cup of the filling.
- Arrange the filled shells in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the shells. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover with foil. Bake in a 350^ oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
I really liked this recipe! Next time I make it, however, I'll double the sauce because I'd like a little more sauce to go w/ the shells. Also I ended up shredding my chicken so it would stuff better into the shells. Since I never had roasted red sweet peppers before I didn't add as much, but I think I'll go for the full amount next time and maybe toss in some garlic!