1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large green peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain brown and wild rice
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cut tops off of peppers and remove seeds.
- 2Place peppers in a large pot of boiling water and boil for 3 minutes.
- 3Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- 4In a saucepan, cook onion and garlic in melted butter until tender.
- 5Add chicken, broth, rice with seasoning packet contents, celery, carrot, basil, and thyme; bring to a boil.
- 6Lower heat; cover and simmer until the rice is tender.
- 7Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes, mushrooms, and zucchini.
- 8Spoon mixture into the peppers; put in a greased 2-quart casserole.
- 9Spoon remaining rice mixture around the peppers.
- 10Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are tender and the filling is heated thoroughly.
- 11Uncover and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, bake 5 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken-Stuffed Green Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (622 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.5
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 105.0 mg
- Sodium 938.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 43.5 g