Susie in Texas's Note:
I found this recipe in the June 2004 Southern Living magazine and tweaked it to suit my family's tastes. It is perfect for a light evening meal on these hot summer nights. The great thing about this recipe is that you can stop by your local bakery and pick up a loaf of Focaccia bread or make your own, whichever you prefer. If you have never tried making your own Focaccia bread you are in for a surprise at how easy they are to make and how delicious they are right out of the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf round focaccia bread (9-10 inch, I use Rosemary Focaccia Bread)
- 1 cup red wine and vinegar salad dressing
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) package feta cheese
- 1 lb roasted deli chicken or 1 lb roasted deli turkey, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes or 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped (optional)
- 1Using a serrated bread knife, slice Focaccia bread in half horizontally.
- 2Place, cut sides up on large baking sheet.
- 3Make Roasted Pepper Vinaigrette by combining oil and vinegar dressing and roasted peppers in the blender and process until smooth.
- 4Drizzle vinaigrette evenly over both slices of bread.
- 5Sprinkle feta cheese on top.
- 6Bake at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 7After removing bread from oven, arrange chicken pieces over the bottom bread half.
- 8Sprinkle lettuce on top of chicken.
- 9Arrange tomato halves on top of lettuce.
- 10Sprinkle onion on top.
- 11Place the other bread half on top.
- 12Cut into 6 wedges and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stuffed Focaccia With Roasted Pepper Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.9
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 79.9 mg
- Sodium 577.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 23.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red wine and vinegar salad dressing