Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in the June 2004 Southern Living magazine and tweaked it to suit my family's tastes. It is perfect for a light evening meal on these hot summer nights. The great thing about this recipe is that you can stop by your local bakery and pick up a loaf of Focaccia bread or make your own, whichever you prefer. If you have never tried making your own Focaccia bread you are in for a surprise at how easy they are to make and how delicious they are right out of the oven.
- 1 loaf round focaccia bread (9-10 inch, I use Rosemary Focaccia Bread)
- 1 cup red wine and vinegar salad dressing
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) package feta cheese
- 1 lb roasted deli chicken or 1 lb roasted deli turkey, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 pint grape tomatoes or 1⁄2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped (optional)
- Using a serrated bread knife, slice Focaccia bread in half horizontally.
- Place, cut sides up on large baking sheet.
- Make Roasted Pepper Vinaigrette by combining oil and vinegar dressing and roasted peppers in the blender and process until smooth.
- Drizzle vinaigrette evenly over both slices of bread.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- After removing bread from oven, arrange chicken pieces over the bottom bread half.
- Sprinkle lettuce on top of chicken.
- Arrange tomato halves on top of lettuce.
- Sprinkle onion on top.
- Place the other bread half on top.
- Cut into 6 wedges and serve immediately.