1/1 Photo of Chicken Stuffed " Chili" Bell Peppers
I love stuffed peppers and I think that this is an interesting take on them. Ground turkey would probably work well too. I got this from Family Circle magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/4 lbs ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Slice peppers lengthwise and clean out seeds.
- 3In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 4Add onion, cook and stir about 3 minutes.
- 5Add red pepper, cook and stir about 2 minutes.
- 6Add ground chicken, cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink.
- 7Stir in chili powder, oregano, salt, pepper and cumin; cook 2 minutes longer.
- 8Mash half the beans coarsely.
- 9Stir all beans, barbecue sauce and tomato paste into chicken. Cook about 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- 10Fill each pepper with the mixture and top with cheese.
- 11Bake peppers until heated, about 10 minutes. Garnish with sour cream.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stuffed " Chili" Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.5
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 86.0 mg
- Sodium 610.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 29.8 g