Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Got this from a crock pot site. Different from the traditional stuffed peppers
- 8 ounces ground chicken (can also use ground turkey)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 large green bell peppers
- Cut tops off bell peppers and remove seeds.
- Combine all ingredients (except peppers) into the bell peppers and place in crock pot.
- Cooking on low for 7-8 hours.
These were sooooo bland and overcooked! The peppers practically disintegrated and were only recognizable by their skin. I'd made homemade enchilada sauce for this but I don't think anything could have saved it when cooked this long.
I happened to have all the ingredients on hand yesterday to make this recipe! I LOVE Crock Pot Cooking! I started these in the afternoon and when DH and I can home from our weekly night of league bowling the house smelled WONDERFUL! I was a little worried that they might stick to the bottom of my crockpot, so I did put about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the pot. Delicious iewe! Thank you for posting! Great recipe! :)