Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a fast easy dinner.
- 4 green peppers or 4 red peppers or 4 orange bell peppers, with flat bottoms
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons jarred minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2⁄3 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 375 F Cut tops off peppers, trim and reserve.
- Remove seeds and ribs.
- Place peppers in baking pan.
- Heat oil in medium skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Saute 3 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Scrape mixture into mixing bowl.
- Combine onion mixture with chicken, spaghetti sauce, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture into hollowed out peppers.
- Replace pepper tops.
- Bake peppers at 375F for 40 to 50 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
I added more cheese and 1 cup cooked white rice. I also added jalapenos to the tops and everything tasted delicious!