Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Here's a great dish that you can make ahead and refrigerate until ready to bake...so when you're ready for dinner, you just pop the peppers in the oven.
- 4 large bell peppers, any color
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 354.88 ml diced cooked chicken
- 158.51 ml pasta sauce
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack or 118.29 ml swiss cheese
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 375°F Cut the tops off the peppers and reserve. Remove and discard the seeds. Place the peppers, cut-side up, into a 3-quart shallow baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until tender. Place the onion mixture into a medium bowl. Stir in the chicken, sauce, cheese and black pepper. Spoon the chicken mixture into the pepper halves. Top with the reserved pepper tops, if desired.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- RECIPE TIPS:.
- TIP: Cut a thin slice from the bottoms of the peppers to keep them from rolling in the dish.