Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
No portion size was given.
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked minced chicken
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped fine
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1 egg
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 4 -6 green bell peppers, cleaned
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce or 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Get peppers ready to stuff.
- I like to parboil them for about 2 minutes (it shortens the baking time).
- Mix all the ingredients except tomato sauce.
- Stuff the peppers, then cover with the tomato sauce.
- Bake in 325 degree F oven for about 45 minutes.
- Let the peppers rest for a few minutes before serving.
I thought this recipe sounded a bit bland, so I used fresh mushrooms and 2 boneless chicken that I seasoned with garlic salt and sauteed in butter until nicely browned. I substituted 2 small ancho chili peppers(DH's tummy doesn't like jalapenos). I saw no advantage in using basmati rice in place of Minute Rice. The result was disappointing. The bell peppers, in spite of the parboiling, were less than tender and the chili peppers over-powered the other stuffing ingredients. My regrets to the Chef, but I would not make this again without making some substantial changes - but that's only one opinion. Thank you for submitting your recipe and I wish the best of luck! *^-^*