Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dish is a twist on the classic ground beef and rice stuffed peppers that my family prefers. This recipe has been in our family for quite a while and I do not remember where it came from. A jalapeno or some green chile added to the stuffing would be delicious, I'll let you decide...
- 5 medium red bell peppers
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cubed
- kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Slice the tops off of the peppers. Chop one red pepper and set aside. and clean out the insides of the other 4. Set in a baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Saute onion in oil, add chicken, cook til almost done.
- Season with S&P. Add chopped red pepper and saute about 5 min, add tomato and cook another 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool. Stir in cheese and stuff the remaining 4 peppers.
- Bake covered for 20 min at 350. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes.
- **Can be made one day ahead and refrigerated.