1/4 Photos of Chicken Stuffed Acorn Squash
1 hr 7 mins
No rice in this one, just veggies and chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium acorn squash, cut in half, seeds removed
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/2 lb ground chicken, ground breast
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fennel bulb, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, fresh ground
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 400f degrees.
- 2Add water to a casserole that will hold the two haves of the squash; microwave on high for 5 minutes or until squash meat is fork soft; drain water out and set aside in casserole.
- 3Spray a non stick frypan with veggie spray; add ground chicken, onion and fennel bulb, scramble fry until the chicken is no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- 4Add the dried cranberries, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper; scramble fry for 5 minutes.
- 5Add the yogurt and stir thourgh, cook for another 2 minutes.
- 6Fill the squash halves with the filling; bake at 400f degrees for 20 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle cheese over tops and return to oven for a further 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stuffed Acorn Squash
Serving Size: 1 (573 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.3
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 128.4 mg
- Sodium 597.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 32.6 g