No rice in this one, just veggies and chicken.
Make and share this Chicken Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 medium acorn squash, cut in half, seeds removed
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 lb ground chicken, ground breast
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fennel bulb, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, fresh ground
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400f degrees.
- Add water to a casserole that will hold the two haves of the squash; microwave on high for 5 minutes or until squash meat is fork soft; drain water out and set aside in casserole.
- Spray a non stick frypan with veggie spray; add ground chicken, onion and fennel bulb, scramble fry until the chicken is no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Add the dried cranberries, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper; scramble fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the yogurt and stir thourgh, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Fill the squash halves with the filling; bake at 400f degrees for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over tops and return to oven for a further 10 minutes.