Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
A friend of mine gave me this recipe and called it Chicken @#$%. I call it stuff as this is a public forum. Well for @#$% it is great. A simple and tasty all in one casserole dinner. Can be made from fresh or leftovers and the results are the same...mmmm mmmmm good. This is the basic and original recipe from Gail (southern gal). Very budget friendly!! Very mama or poppa friendly for those busy, crazy days, and minimal dishes. YEA! see NOTE at bottom of directions
- 1 lb cooked cooked chicken, and broke apart into bite size pieces
- 1 cup rice
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 10 ounces milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 -3 teaspoons minced garlic, blended into the soup mixture
- peas or green beans, drained and added to casserole or frozen vegetables
- chinese noodles, to top for crunch
- breadcrumbs, to top
- hot chili pepper flakes, for heat
Directions See How It's Made
- pour soup and milk into casserole dish at least 2 qt size, blend together.
- add in rice, stir.
- add in chicken, pepper to taste.
- pat with Tbsp of butter or margarine.
- bake covered at 350 for 45 min-60 minute.
- enjoy with a salad or green vegetable.
- FROM LEFTOVERS:.
- add coked chicken, cooked rice, cooked veggies and soup and milk mixture to casserole dish and microwave on medium til hot. Depends on the wattage of your microwave.
- In the oven, do above and then reheat at 350 covered for 30 min or until hot.
- Feel free to add in any added flavors or ingredients to suit your taste. The original recipe is from Gail, I have added all of the above at different times to change things up a it.