1 hr 15 mins
You can make smaller portions, fold, don't cut and send to school or work for lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Dough
For the Filling
- 1 can artichoke heart, drained
- 453.59 g fresh spinach, washed
- 2 roasted chicken breasts, sliced
- 354.88 ml grated mozzarella cheese
- 354.88 ml tomato sauce with herbs
For the Bruchetta
- 1For the bruschetta mix together the tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil and parsley.
- 2Splash in some balsamic and olive oil, toss and let stand.
- 3Ingredient amounts are up to your personal taste.
- 4For the dough dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water.
- 5Add oil.
- 6Combine flour and salt.
- 7Make a well.
- 8Slowly add wet to dry.
- 9Work into a small, soft, smooth ball.
- 10Portion into 6 balls and let rise, covered in a warm place for 1/2 hour.
- 11To assemble strombolis roll out each portion of dough into a nine inch circle.
- 12Spread each with tomato sauce, leaving a one inch border.
- 13Along the center arrange the cheese, spinach, chicken and artichole hearts.
- 14Fold the sides in over the filling and roll up burrito style.
- 15Seal the seams with water and press together.
- 16Cut the log into 2 or 3 pieces and place each upright on an oiled baking pan.
- 17Repeat with other strombolis.
- 18Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until dough is crispy and golden and the cheese is melted.
- 19Place rounds on plates and top with the bruschetta.
- 20Serve with salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stromboli
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.0
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 63.6 mg
- Sodium 353.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 29.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomato sauce with herbs