1/1 Photo of Chicken Stroganoff
1 hr 30 mins
HEP MEP's Note:
Found this on allrecipes.com long before my Zaar days - about 2 years ago. Credited to a Marilyn G. My daughter LOVES this dish - it's very tasty, and obviously very rich. The nutmeg is key to the flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, for coating
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, for topping (optional)
- 1In a shallow dish or bowl, season flour with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Dredge chicken in seasoned flour to coat.
- 3In a large skillet, brown coated chicken in melted butter or margarine until golden.
- 4In a medium bowl combine the soup, half-and-half, dry onion soup mix, parsley, garlic,mushrooms, nutmeg and browning sauce.
- 5Mix all together and pour mixture over chicken in skillet.
- 6Reduce heat to low and let simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- 7Stir in sour cream and heat through, but DO NOT BOIL!
- 8Top with chopped green onion and serve over rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (442 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 704.7
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 135.8 mg
- Sodium 1231.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 41.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: