Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Traditional stroganoff has a rich, creamy sauce that is perfect over leftover chicken. This is great served over egg noodles.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drainedd
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine or 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb cooked egg noodles
- In a medium-sized skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; add the mushrooms, sherry, thyme, and seasoned salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until throughly warmed.
- Add the chicken and bring the mixture to a boil; reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream. Serve over cooked egg noodles.
This is super easy for a quick weekday meal. I added the mushrooms on top since only my husband likes them. I also added garlic powder to the seasonings. There was not enough sauce to adequitely cover the noodles, so I would double the amount of sour cream next time. The wine added an upscale touch to this recipe. Thanks for sharing.