Recipe by safeharb
A light version of the old favorite beef stroganoff - created with ingredients I had on hand. I use a store-bought roasted chicken and it's fast! The dijon/dill combination really make this
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked chicken
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 12 ounces egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped shallots and sauté until tender, scraping up browned bits, about 2 minutes.
- Add button mushrooms. Sprinkle with pepper and sauté until liquid evaporates, about 12 minutes.
- Add broth, then bourbon. Simmer until liquid thickens and just coats mushrooms, about 14 minutes. While simmering, start the noodles (see below) and combine the sour cream and half-and-half.
- Stir in the sour cream mixture and Dijon mustard. Add chicken. Simmer over medium-low heat until meat is heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in chopped dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain. Transfer to bowl. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Divide noodles among plates. Top with chicken and sauce.